Chia, pronounced chee-uh, is a flowering plant of the mint family which is native to Central and South America known to be widely cultivated by the Aztec and served as their staple food. This is naturally gluten-free grain and they are probably the most popular superfoods seeds in the world today.
WHY CHIA SEEDS?
- High in iron, folate, calcium, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids and soluble fiber
- Calcium and magnesium are essential for bone and dental health.
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Their soluble fiber makes you feel full longer.
- They are rich in anti-oxidants and keep the free radicals in check.
There is a confusion in the local market between Genuine Chia Seeds and Sabja Seeds. Many traders try and take advantage of this and pass off Sabja seeds as Chia seeds at Chia seed prices. Here are a few clues that would help you spot the difference:
- Chia seeds are native to Central and South America whilst Sabja seeds are native to India and Mediterranean.
- Chia seeds are a mixture of grey, black, white and brown seeds whilst Sabja seeds are black.
- Chia seeds are oval in shape whilst Sabja seeds are elliptical.
- Chia seeds take some time to absorb water and mostly sink to the bottom of a glass. Sabja seeds absorb water very quickly and normally float to the top of a glass.
- Chia seeds do not have any particular taste. Sabja seeds have a mild basil (tulsi) taste.
Seeds are so versatile, you hardly need a reason to add them to your food. Add them to salads, as an ingredient or topping for bread and grain products, rotis, nan, parathas, dry sabzis, crackers, sushi, cakes, soups, breading for fish, pakoras and a wide variety of other applications.
Q Factor: SUPR Chia seeds are imported, premium and authentic. They are Dairy free, Gluten free, Preservative free, Added Sugar free, Artificial Flavour free, Soya free, Vegan & Vegetarian Friendly
Ingredients: 100% pure chia seeds
Usage: As a snack, in your smoothies, in cooking , in chia puds or in baking.
Storage and Handling Instructions: Store in cool and dry place.
Expiry(Shelf Life): 18 months from the date of manufacturing.
Disclaimer: Every piece is a creation of artisans and based on craft styles, some being centuries old. There may be natural blemishes/distinctions that are not product flaws. Such variations are inherent in the manufacturing of handmade or handcrafted products, so you may find slight distinctions that make your purchase special and truly one-of-a-kind. Please note that while we have tried to accurately display the colors and size of products, the actual colors you see will depend on your electronic screen's settings and may not be accurate.
Shipping Time: Usually 1-2 days from the date of order. For 'Made to Order' products, it can be as high as 4-5 days. Check your approx date of delivery on this page.
Delivery Time: 1-2 days from dispatch from seller location if Metro (source) to Metro (destination), 4-5 days from dispatch if Non-Metro (source) to Non- Metro (destination).
Shipping Cost: You don't have to pay anything extra apart from what is shown during checkout and in your order confirmation email.
Returns and Exchange: We at Qtrove strive to ensure you get 100% satisfaction from any of the products you buy from us. Having said that, we get that you may have an occasional concern with your order. Please do write in to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to resolve any issue that may have occurred. Returns and Exchanges will be evaluated on a case by case basis.