- Traditional spice mix from Kashmir which is made into ‘tikkis’ or cakes.
- Can be used throughout the year by breaking off small portions of the tikki.
- This version of Ver does not contain garlic. However, garlic paste may be added to preparations if desired.
- Ver masala can be added to preparations as simple as dry green vegetables, dals and even complex ones like Rogan Josh
- Shelf life of 6 months. Keep in a cool and dry place
Ver is a traditional Kashmiri spice mix which is made into ‘tikkis’ or cakes by adding heng (asafoetida) dissolved in water and drying. It is used throughout the year by breaking off small portions of the tikki. Ver is simple, yet very aromatic, and is usually added towards the end of cooking to enhance the flavour, with fennel seeds and black cardamom being quite prominent. This version of Ver does not contain garlic. However, garlic paste may be added to preparations if desired. Ver forms and important part of Kashmiri wedding food preparations and also some rituals. It can be added to a variety of dishes to give them an authentic Kashmiri flavour.
How to use Ver Masala like a local:
1. Ver Masala is traditionally used to make a rice pudding during weddings
2. Being very versatile, it is also added to preparations as simple as dry green vegetables, dals and even complex ones like Rogan Josh (Recipes for the pudding, Rogan Josh and others available on www.wanderingfoodie.in)
3. Break off Ver and sprinkle over dish towards end of cooking (approx. 1 tsp. for 500g of preparation). Quantity may be varied as per preference
4. Alternatively, Ver can be mixed in about 1 tbsp of water and then added
5. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes to allow flavours to be incorporated
Disclaimer: Every piece is a creation of artisans and based on craft styles, some being centuries old. There may be natural blemishes/distinctions that are not product flaws. Such variations are inherent in the manufacturing of handmade or handcrafted products, so you may find slight distinctions that make your purchase special and truly one-of-a-kind. Please note that while we have tried to accurately display the colors and size of products, the actual colors you see will depend on your electronic screen's settings and may not be accurate.
Shipping Time: Usually 1-2 days from the date of order. For 'Made to Order' products, it can be as high as 4-5 days. Check your approx date of delivery on this page.
Delivery Time: 1-2 days from dispatch from seller location if Metro (source) to Metro (destination), 4-5 days from dispatch if Non-Metro (source) to Non- Metro (destination).
Shipping Cost: You don't have to pay anything extra apart from what is shown during checkout and in your order confirmation email.
Returns and Exchange: We at Qtrove strive to ensure you get 100% satisfaction from any of the products you buy from us. Having said that, we get that you may have an occasional concern with your order. Please do write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to resolve any issue that may have occurred. Returns and Exchanges will be evaluated on a case by case basis.