You have many options when it comes to selecting fats and oils for cooking. But it's not just a matter of choosing oils that are healthy, but also whether they stay healthy after having been cooked with. Wanam has a handful of cold-pressed cooking oils which is essential for your health.
Cold-Pressed Groundnut Oil for Inner Health:
Low in saturated fats, free from cholesterol and contains essential fatty acid (linoleic acid (omega-6).
- Good source of plant sterols (ß-sitosterol) which reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Contains resveratrol, a polyphenol antioxidant, which protects against cancers, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer's disease, and viral/fungal infections.
- Resveratrol in groundnut oil helps to decrease blood pressure, which reduces stress on the cardiovascular system.
- Acts as a laxative that promotes the flow of solid wastes out of the body.
- Contains high value of Niacin(Vit B) that helps in stabilizing blood sugar.
- Act as a mild pain reliever when applied topically.
Groundnut oil in Skin and Hair Care:
- Contains high level of vitamin E that helps in maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucosa and skin.
- As a massage oil to energize your body and help alleviate achy joint and muscles.
- Protects the skin blackheads, rashes and itchiness thereby helping skin to preserve its texture and softness.
- Peanut oil can also be used for aromatherapy.
Q Factor: In Wanam, we use the traditional wooden churner and stone mortar to extract the oil. The process does not involve much heat and hence the name, cold-pressing. Also the cold-pressing with the combination of stone mortar and wooden churner has more health benefits than the modern stainless steel presses. This makes Wanam to stand out from the crowd. Unlike refined oils, cold-pressed oil is packed with all nutrients and minerals of the nuts and seeds. The wooden churner used is made of Vaagai or South Indian Walnut which is a non toxic tree finds a mention in Sangam literature for its healing power. Vaagai absorbs heat and maintains the temperature during oil extraction process. This helps in retaining the nutrients and the aroma of the oil. Hence Wanam is full of Vaagai!
Shelf life from date of manufacturing: 12 months from the date of manufacturing.
Shelf life once opened: 12 months
Nutritional Benefits: Good source of plant sterols (ß-sitosterol) which reduces the risk of heart disease. Contains resveratrol, a polyphenol antioxidant, which protects against cancers, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer's disease, and viral/fungal infections. Resveratrol in groundnut oil helps to decrease blood pressure, which reduces stress on the cardiovascular system. Acts as a laxative that promotes the flow of solid wastes out of the body. Contains high value of Niacin(Vit B) that helps in stabilizing blood sugar. Protects the skin blackheads, rashes and itchiness thereby helping skin to preserve its texture and softness. Peanut oil can also be used for aromatherapy.
Storage Instructions: No Refrigeration required.
Allergens(specify none if no allergens): Peanuts.
Disclaimer: Every piece is a creation of artisans and based on craft styles, some being centuries old. There may be natural blemishes/distinctions that are not product flaws. Such variations are inherent in the manufacturing of handmade or handcrafted products, so you may find slight distinctions that make your purchase special and truly one-of-a-kind. Please note that while we have tried to accurately display the colors and size of products, the actual colors you see will depend on your electronic screen's settings and may not be accurate.
Shipping Time: Usually 1-2 days from the date of order. For 'Made to Order' products, it can be as high as 4-5 days. Check your approx date of delivery on this page.
Delivery Time: 1-2 days from dispatch from seller location if Metro (source) to Metro (destination), 4-5 days from dispatch if Non-Metro (source) to Non- Metro (destination).
Shipping Cost: You don't have to pay anything extra apart from what is shown during checkout and in your order confirmation email.
Returns and Exchange: We at Qtrove strive to ensure you get 100% satisfaction from any of the products you buy from us. Having said that, we get that you may have an occasional concern with your order. Please do write in to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to resolve any issue that may have occurred. Returns and Exchanges will be evaluated on a case by case basis.